Update: AEW has now officially confirmed this match.
An interesting title match appears to have been added to the AEW Double or Nothing pay-per-view pre-show on May 30.
An Instagram story from AEW’s Italian commentator Salvatore Torrisi has seemingly revealed that NWA World Women’s Champion Serena Deeb will defend her title against Riho before the Double or Nothing main card.
Riho hasn’t wrestled in an AEW ring since her match with Maki Itoh on the first episode of Dark: Elevation.
Deeb defeated Rosa to become champion in October last year. Deeb has defended her NWA gold in AEW on numerous occasions, including against Tay Conti at New Year’s Smash in January.
On last week’s episode of Dynamite, Deeb retained her gold in a match against up-and-coming star Red Velvet.
Double or Nothing features an AEW World Championship three-way match, involving Kenny Omega, PAC and Orange Cassidy. The AEW Tag Team Titles will also be on the line, with the Young Bucks set to defend their gold against Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston.
Hikaru Shida will defend her AEW Women’s Championship against Dr Britt Baker DMD. You can check out the full pay-per-view card here.
AEW Double or Nothing will air on Fite on May 30 at 8pm ET.
Serena Deeb will be defending the NWA women’s title against Riho at Double or Nothing pic.twitter.com/xtHsDVQKF8
— Samster203 サミー・カラフ (@KhalafSammy) May 26, 2021
Via Wrestling Inc.
- WWE Breaks 23-Year Award Losing Streak
- WWE Star Arrives In Wrong Country For Major Show
- Roman Reigns Bloodline Member Trying To Join WWE
- WWE Star Set For First Match In Nine Months
- AEW Star Announces Real-Life Brother Joining The Company
- Former WWE Champion Still Hasn’t Re-Signed Despite Major Creative Plans
- CM Punk Sends Emotional Message To WWE Fans Ahead Of Elimination Chamber 2024
- WWE Star Retires Move After Recent Terrifying Botch
- The Rock’s Next WWE Appearance Revealed
- AEW Creative Team Update Following Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone Signing