As reported by Fightful, WWE has come to terms on the release of former Raw and SmackDown lead announcer Tom Phillips.
WWE hasn’t officially announced his release, but Fightful’s report notes that he was included in the recent employee cuts.
Phillips had done commentary for every current WWE brand, leading Raw, SmackDown, NXT, NXT UK and 205 Live at different points.
He was replaced by Adnan Virk last month on Raw, who himself has already been let go and replaced with Jimmy Smith who debuts this coming Monday.
Phillips had also worked backstage as a producer for other announcers.
For more details on Phillips’ release, click here.
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Professional Wrestling Term Added To Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname
- ‘Make The Fight’: AEW Star Calls For Match Against Keith Lee