As reported by Fightful, WWE has come to terms on the release of former Raw and SmackDown lead announcer Tom Phillips.
WWE hasn’t officially announced his release, but Fightful’s report notes that he was included in the recent employee cuts.
Phillips had done commentary for every current WWE brand, leading Raw, SmackDown, NXT, NXT UK and 205 Live at different points.
He was replaced by Adnan Virk last month on Raw, who himself has already been let go and replaced with Jimmy Smith who debuts this coming Monday.
Phillips had also worked backstage as a producer for other announcers.
For more details on Phillips’ release, click here.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Ari Daivari Under Full-Time Deal With AEW