Two top NXT stars may be on their way up to the main roster, as they wrestled in a dark match prior to tonight’s (January 7) episode of SmackDown.
The match pit former NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa, just three days after losing his title to Bron Breakker at NXT New Year’s Evil, take on Pete Dunne.
NXT stars worked dark matches prior to main roster shows last year, where they were used as ‘tryout’ matches for a potential main roster callup.
Ciampa was victorious in what was apparently a great match, with Dunne entering to an old version of his theme song.
— Graham "GSM" Matthews (@WrestleRant) January 8, 2022
- MJF Return Speculation Runs Rampant After AEW Dynamite
- Latest On Kenny Omega Absence Ahead Of Potential AEW Return
- Chris Jericho Calls Vince McMahon ‘A Once In A Generation Genius’
- Update On Johnny Gargano Following WWE Return Rumors
- Report: ‘Nobody Knew’ CM Punk Would Call Out Adam Page, ‘A Lot Of Reality To It’
- Mickie James Unsure About Her Wrestling Future
- Update On CM Punk Injury Status Following AEW Return
- AEW Rampage Spoilers: Claudio Castagnoli Issues A Challenge, Championship Matches & Brutal Attack
- Jack Evans Would Love To Return To AEW
- Kenny Omega Addresses Fans After Return On AEW Dynamite