NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa has revealed that wrestling legend Rick Steiner was meant to be at NXT Halloween Havoc last month.
During the October 26 special, Ciampa successfully defended his gold against Steiner’s son, Bron Breakker. Speaking with TalkSPORT, Ciampa joked that Steiner pulling out of the event last minute was because the title wasn’t going to change hands.
Wanting to be friends with the tag-team specialist, Ciampa said:
“So, he was meant to be at Halloween Havoc. He pulled out last minute. Maybe because I retained, but I won’t say that’s why (laughs). I would love to be friends with him.
“I said to Bron ‘I don’t want to meet your dad, I want him to be my buddy.’ I want us to exchange numbers and whatever Rick Steiner does. He’s probably not a big phone guy, I don’t know (laughs). But I just wanna be friends with him.”
If Steiner did make an appearance during the event, it would’ve been the first time NXT would have referenced his relationship to ‘Bron Breakker’.
Following the NXT reboot in September, it was reported that NXT commentators were banned from mentioning Rick Steiner. It had been speculated that this could be due to animosity between WWE and Scott Steiner, however Vince McMahon and Scott Steiner are reportedly on good terms.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return