Toni Storm made her AEW debut on tonight’s edition of Dynamite.
The former WWE star was revealed to be The Bunny’s mystery opponent in the Owen Hart Cup tournament qualifier.
Storm requested her release from her WWE contract in December 2021, reportedly due to burnout. Her release was immediately granted.
If Storm had the standard 90-day non-compete clause in her WWE contract, it would mean that Storm became a free-agent on Tuesday.
Fightful Select (subscription required) previously reported that AEW had significant interest in signing Storm, with a number of stars believing she’d join the promotion sooner rather than later, with several pushing for her to be brought in.
Prior to tonight, Storm’s last televised match was against Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown Women’s Championship on the Christmas Eve edition of SmackDown.
You can check out our live coverage of AEW Dynamite right here.
TONI STORM IS IN AEW #AEWDynamite on @TBSNetwork pic.twitter.com/bpwWAs4nV7
— AEW on TV (@AEWonTV) March 31, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite