AEW launched it’s second weekly television show Rampage back on August 13, 2021, with the inaugural episode of the show seeing Christian Cage defeat Kenny Omega for the IMPACT World Championship.
A week later, CM Punk made his wrestling return after 7 years away, drawing the highest viewership in the history of the show.
A year later, and the ratings for AEW Rampage have been dropping to new lows, with many fans deeming the show ‘unessential’ to AEW viewership.
Tony Khan spoke on the pre-All Out media call today, where he was asked about the show’s declining viewership.
Khan said that, due to many of the company’s top stars being out of action with an injury, he needed to feature the big name stars on Dynamite, before noting that, now many of the stars have returned, he will start to ‘stack’ Rampage cards going forward.
This week’s episode of the show is set to air live from Chicago, featuring the ‘Rampage final’ of the AEW Trios Championship tournament, with the Best Friends and Orange Cassidy against Adam Page and the Dark Order.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- NXT Star Makes WWE Main Roster Debut
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania