AEW President Tony Khan has commented on speculation that Bryan Danielson (WWE’s Daniel Bryan) will debut for AEW soon.
Speaking with Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Khan noted that he’s definitely going to make “more additions” to the AEW roster soon.
When asked about the Bryan rumors, Khan refused to confirm anything, saying:
“I can’t answer that question. It’s fair for you to ask that question but it’s not anything I could address on the Observer today but it’s fair enough for you to ask it. He’s one of the all-time greats.
“I’m definitely gonna make multiple additions over the next 4 to 6 months and I think there will be some activity in the near future. I can’t specify exactly what it is and I don’t think anybody would really want me to just like nobody would have wanted any confirmation of anything going into The First Dance of what it was or how it was gonna come off.
“I definitely will be active and have been active signing people from day 1 in this company. Recruiting talent is key to any wrestling company, it’s key to any sports business…”
Bryan was originally expected to debut for AEW during the September 22 Dynamite: Grand Slam New York show. It has since been reported that the former WWE Champion will appear at the All Out pay-per-view on September 5.
Quote via WrestlingNews.co.
- New Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Nicknames Revealed?
- WWE Raw Match Cancelled Due To Top Star Not Being Cleared
- Rhea Ripley Gives Ultimatum To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship
- Jade Cargill Sends Message To WWE Roster During Raw
- Another Advertised WWE Raw Match Cancelled?
- Clarification On Bryan Danielson AEW Collision Role
- Fans Think They Spotted A CM Punk Tease During WWE Raw
- Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Comment After DIY Reunion On WWE Raw
- WWE Star Returns On Raw After Five Months Away
- USA Network Spoils Upcoming WWE Debut