AEW President Tony Khan has commented on his relationship with Bryan Danielson following reports about his new creative role.
Following previous reports that Danielson will be involved with AEW creative on the Collision brand, Danielson opened up about creative talks he has had with Tony Khan.
Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Tony Khan praised Danielson, calling him one of the most intelligent individuals he’s ever met.
Explaining why he respects Danielson so much, he said:
“Bryan and I have had a very close relationship since he came to AEW.
“He’s one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, and he’s one of the most intelligent people I’ve ever known.
“He has a great mind, and I love talking to him about stories, matches, ideas and psychology.
“I work with a number of people closely to bounce ideas off, and Bryan has been involved with us in the office more than ever lately.
“He had some very complimentary things to say about our relationship and working together, and to receive that type of praise from someone I respect so much, those are quotes I’d want on my tombstone.”
Khan also commented on CM Punk’s AEW return, previously announced for the debut episode of AEW Collision.
For Khan’s comments on Punk’s ‘exciting’ comeback click here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future
- Powerhouse Hobbs & More AEW Stars React To Jade Cargill Joining WWE