AEW President Tony Khan has revealed that he has specific plans in mind for an international AEW tour in 2022.
Speaking on Busted Open Radio, Khan explained that he wants to do an overseas tour in 2022, once again naming Fulham Football Club’s Craven Cottage as a UK venue he’d be interested in running.
Discussing international plans, Khan said:
“We were blessed to be able to still do a show through the pandemic. But because we weren’t able to leave our home base for a year now to be back on tour across America. So I think there are so many great places for us to hit across the United States over the next several months.
“I do really want to do an international tour next year in 2022. I’m not sure if we’ll hit a lot of different cities or if we’ll focus the international trip primarily on Craven Cottage, the home of Fulham Football Club. You know (the stadium) is very, very near and dear to my heart.
“With our relationship or ownership of the Fulham Football Club and our relationship with the fans and having such a great venue to do a show in such a historic venue, and I would really want to put my focus on that if we do go overseas and I don’t know when we’ll do it, but it’s something I’d really like to do.”
Khan previously noted that he believes Craven Cottage would be the best UK home for AEW.
Transcription via Fightful.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results