Tony Khan has provided a backstage update on the relationship between AEW and NJPW.
Since February, NJPW stars have occasionally been showing up in AEW. The likes of Jon Moxley and Lance Archer have also wrestled for NJPW while under contract with AEW.
Speaking on today’s (November 11) Full Gear media call, the AEW President revealed that the NJPW relationship has grown a lot. The two sides are in contact on a regular basis, and trust has grown between them. Khan also noted that NJPW has seen that AEW has made a lot of ‘friendly gestures’ recently.
Ahead of Wednesday’s edition of Dynamite, Orange Cassidy, Chuck Taylor, Wheeler Yuta and Kris Statlander were invited to join the NJPW stable CHAOS. On the show, Rocky Romero was in action against Bryan Danielson.
The former WWE Champion has confirmed that his current AEW contract would allow him to work for NJPW if he wanted to.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- The Rock Shares Condolences To Iron Sheik’s Family: ‘Rest In Power, Uncle Sheiky’
- Kris Statlander Retains TBS Championship, AEW Rampage To Feature Big Women’s Match