AEW President Tony Khan has approved a ROH name’s request for the September 28 edition of Dynamite.
All Elite Wrestling announced that Chris Jericho will defend the Ring of Honor World Championship against former champion Bandido on this Wednesday’s edition of Dynamite from Philadelphia.
This bout not only excited fans, but it also caught the attention of ROH lead commentator Ian Riccaboni.
Riccaboni took to Twitter to make a request to Tony Khan for this Wednesday’s huge title match.
Hi @TonyKhan! Don’t mean to air out business in public but I, uh, live in nearby, beautiful Allentown, PA and would really enjoy being apart of the team for this tremendous match. I know Bandido and The Ocho well. You don’t get the business if you don’t ask for it, so…
Ian Riccaboni has commentated for many Ring of Honor themed matches on AEW television since Khan bought the promotion in March 2022. He has also announced for the two ROH pay-per-view events since the purchase.
The Jericho vs. Bandido match joins AEW World Champion Jon Moxley vs. Juice Robinson in a World Title Eliminator Match on the September 28 edition of Dynamite.
Also, MJF, Jericho Appreciation Society and Saraya have all been promoted for promo segments on the program.
Stay up to date with the AEW roster’s win-loss record (for televised matches) at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Jinder Mahal Shares Honest Thoughts On Tony Khan WWE Booking Comments
- Top International Star Reportedly Joining WWE
- AEW Star Reveals Why He’s No Longer Wrestling For The Company
- Former WWE Star Clarifies Status For Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- WWE Star Says He’d ‘Definitely Consider’ Going To Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- Two WWE Stars Replaced In Upcoming Match
- Latest WWE Departure Revealed
- WWE Star Makes TV Return After Seven Month Absence
- Incredible Cody Rhodes Moment After WWE Raw Went Off Air Revealed
- Former AEW Star Joins WWE, Makes Shock Appearance