AEW President Tony Khan has shared an update on AEW’s standing with Warner Brothers Discovery.
Some fans have shown concern for AEW’s future following the Warner-Discovery merger, unsure if the Discovery executives would value wrestling content.
During the post-Double or Nothing media scrum, Khan revealed that he recently visited Discovery, and met with Chief Brand Officer Nancy Daniels.
Believing that Discovery can see how important it is to have wrestling on TBS and TNT, Khan said:
“That is a really exciting time for us and a really exciting thing. I went to LA and met with the new management of the company, headed out there, and it was the most exciting and exhilarating meeting I’ve had in my life and I’ve never felt better about the future of the company and more safe about what’s happening here.
“I feel really good about Warner Brothers Discovery, to have such strong management. Nancy Daniels, such a strong leader, she was really cool. I flew out to LA and back to meet Nancy Daniels, along with her team. It was some familiar faces and also new faces. It was really exciting. It was my first time at Discovery. What a great thing we have.
“This is for the future of everyone who works here, and the fans, it’s really important. Now, Discovery sees too how important it is to wrestling fans to have wrestling on TBS and TNT because it was gone for too long and now it’s back. It means a lot to a lot of people. We have such great management there and they asked such great questions. It was really encouraging. I know there are so many things we can partner on. I’m really grateful for that,”
Tony Khan had previously confirmed that AEW was in talks with Warner-Discovery about a potential streaming deal.
Check out our live results from AEW Double or Nothing right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm