Tony Khan has touted the success of Forbidden Door, revealing some insight on numbers for pay-per-view buys.
The first AEW and NJPW crossover event had ticket sales of over $1.1 million, according to the AEW President in the post-show media scrum. Khan noted that he believes the final number will be in the same ballpark as the figure produced by Double or Nothing in May.
Discussing early figures for the buyrate, Khan said:
“The show was a big success. We had ticket sales of over $1.1 million. I think it will be within literally thousands, just behind Double or Nothing, but right there, both over $1.1 million live ticket sales.
“The pay-per-view, I said if we hit 100,000 worldwide buys, I would feel it’s a big success and I feel very comfortable now, based on the early digital numbers, saying we did 100,000 buys and more. I feel great about that.”
The show ended with Jon Moxley defeating Hiroshi Tanahashi to become the interim AEW World Champion. Moxley addressed the United Center crowd after the show, which you can read more about at this link.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- More Released WWE Stars Returning On SmackDown, New WWE Couple Dating, Bray Wyatt Return Plans – News Bulletin – August 12, 2022
- Kayla Braxton Transitioning To WWE Commentator Role?
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Another Big Sign NXT’s Santos Escobar Is Heading To Main Roster
- Update On Major AEW Stars’ Contract Lengths
- Another WWE Star Expected To Get Old Name Back
- Match Results From WWE WrestleMania 39 Launch Party
- Road Dogg Had ‘Serious Arguments’ With Vince McMahon About AJ Styles