In last night’s post-All Out media scrum, Tony Khan joked about “pro-wrestling” and other WWE banned words being far from banned in AEW.
Khan was asked about the fact that a lot of fans now want “pro-wrestling” and not “sports entertainment”, and the likes of CM Punk and Bryan Danielson have said that’s a big reason why they joined AEW.
Khan made a point of saying that pro-wrestling is his mindset, and that, along with other words banned in WWE, are certainly not treated the same way by him. He said:
“It’s my mindset. Pro-wrestling is my mindset. Tonight, Excalibur said, when Kenny brained (Christian Cage) with the belt, Excalibur said, ‘He hit him with the championship title’, and I said, ‘Excalibur, you can say belt, bro’. Those are not banned words here. Pro-wrestling is the least banned word. I use it all the time. You always hear me thank the wrestling fans. That’s what we’re doing here.”
If you use this quote or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
We’ll continue to cover more quotes coming out of the media scrum from Tony Khan and others so keep an eye out for some interesting comments throughout the day.
- Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Update On Mustafa Ali WWE Departure
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Valuation Of Upcoming WWE SmackDown USA Network Deal Revealed