The Tony Khan era of Ring of Honor is officially underway after the AEW president announced he had purchased the promotion earlier this year.
Several ROH championship matches have taken place on AEW television, including last night when Great-O-Khan and Jeff Cobb made a surprise appearance in a ROH Tag Team Championship match.
With both companies owned by Khan, fans have wondered why ROH was bought in solely his name and not bought under AEW. Khan was asked on today’s pre-Double or Nothing media scrum, to which he explained that he was looking out for the company personally, and that ROH deserves to be it’s own stand-alone brand that can work together with AEW.
Khan then continued, saying that he was still working on the return of ROH, and how he has been speaking to Warner Bros Discovery executives about both ROH and AEW recently.
Elsewhere during the scrum, Khan spoke about MJF referencing his ongoing contract issues with AEW on television.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Friday June 2, 2023
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star