The Forbidden Door opened up officially over this past weekend, when the AEW x NJPW supercard took place at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois.
The show was considered a great success from fans, and that appears to have been reflected with the buy rate of the show.
Tony Khan took to Twitter today (June 28) to thank the wrestling fans around the world who tuned into the show, claiming the show drew over $1 million dollars in ticket sales, and over $5 million on pay-per-view.
Thank you to everyone, especially wrestling fans around the world, who made last Sunday’s #ForbiddenDoor event a hit, with >$1 million in ticket sales + >$5 million on ppv! We’re back for Wednesday Night #AEWDynamite on @TBSNetwork @ 8pm ET/7pm CT/8pm PT #BloodAndGuts TOMORROW!
Khan spoke about the possibility of a ‘Forbidden Door II’ show during the pre-show media call.
Thank you to everyone, especially wrestling fans around the world, who made last Sunday’s #ForbiddenDoor event a hit,
with >$1 million in ticket sales
+ >$5 million on ppv!
— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) June 28, 2022
- AEW Star Reacts To Real-Life Brother Winning Championship In WWE
- WWE’s Rhea Ripley Sends Emotional Message To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship
- Rumored New WWE Signing Vacates Championship
- WWE’s Dominik Mysterio Breaks Silence With Message To Judgment Day After Title Loss
- Dolph Ziggler First Post-WWE Match Confirmed
- CM Punk Backstage News From WWE NXT Deadline
- Video Footage Of WWE’s Cora Jade Breaking Character Meeting CM Punk Backstage At NXT Deadline
- AEW Star Calls Out Triple H Following Controversial WWE Affiliate Comment
- Top WWE Star Pulled From Shows After Legitimate Injury
- AEW Star’s First Match In Six Months Confirmed