The Forbidden Door opened up officially over this past weekend, when the AEW x NJPW supercard took place at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois.
The show was considered a great success from fans, and that appears to have been reflected with the buy rate of the show.
Tony Khan took to Twitter today (June 28) to thank the wrestling fans around the world who tuned into the show, claiming the show drew over $1 million dollars in ticket sales, and over $5 million on pay-per-view.
Thank you to everyone, especially wrestling fans around the world, who made last Sunday’s #ForbiddenDoor event a hit, with >$1 million in ticket sales + >$5 million on ppv! We’re back for Wednesday Night #AEWDynamite on @TBSNetwork @ 8pm ET/7pm CT/8pm PT #BloodAndGuts TOMORROW!
Khan spoke about the possibility of a ‘Forbidden Door II’ show during the pre-show media call.
Thank you to everyone, especially wrestling fans around the world, who made last Sunday’s #ForbiddenDoor event a hit,
with >$1 million in ticket sales
+ >$5 million on ppv!
— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) June 28, 2022
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Kris Statlander Reveals She Requires Surgery For ‘Completely Torn ACL’
- Results For NXT Level Up August 12, 2022
- Report: Bray Wyatt ‘Likely Back’ In WWE Soon
- FTW & Tag Team Championships Will Be Defended On AEW Rampage August 19
- Finn Balor Says He Will Be In Cardiff For Clash At The Castle
- Kerry Morton Says Ric Flair Told Him He Was ‘His Number One Draft Pick’ In Professional Wrestling