AEW President Tony Khan gives his thoughts on Cody Rhodes making his WWE return at WrestleMania 38.
Cody Rhodes officially left All Elite Wrestling in February before returning to WWE to face Seth Rollins at WrestleMania 38 this past Saturday.
Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Tony Khan was asked about Cody’s departure and his return to Vince McMahon’s promotion.
“I did lose a very prominent free agent. But we’re debuting one tonight in Samoa Joe. In the past 30 days, we’ve also debuted Toni Storm, who was incredible last week in her win against The Bunny, and Jeff Hardy, one of the biggest stars in wrestling. We have a lot of excitement happening here, and that’s our focus.”
The AEW head honcho also promised a pay-per-view quality lineup for this week’s Dynamite, hyping up some of the big matches.
“My goal is to make tonight like a pay-per-view. It’s a bigger box office than the card we just had on the Ring of Honor Supercard pay-per-view. This is the Young Bucks–FTR, Adam Cole against Christian, and the Hardys in a table match. We’re going to deliver big matches. It’s a commitment to pro wrestling you won’t see anywhere else but AEW.”
For the live results for tonight’s AEW Dynamite, click here.
Quotes via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism