It was reported last week that executives at both USA Network and FOX were interested in WWE bringing in AEW star MJF, with the company themselves also being interested in securing his services when his contract with AEW expires in 2024.
AEW President Tony Khan recently spoke to CBS Sports’ Shakiel Mahjouri, where he spoke about WWE’s reported interest in signing MJF in 2024. Khan said that he thinks it’s great, and encourages WWE to keep talking about an AEW star who is under contract to them for a few more years.
“I think that’s great, I encourage that. I think they should keep talking about him because he’s a wrestler that’s a big part of AEW and is signed here for a few more years. So I think please keep giving us that buzz because he’s been getting great ratings for his segments. And those have also been featuring CM Punk pretty regularly as they continue to interact.”
“You know, (WWE) had some wrestlers I really wanted to sign there, and I signed him, Bryan Danielson and Adam (Cole) and Ruby Soho.”
MJF recently spoke with Sports Illustrated, where he spoke about being referenced in the promo between Edge and The Miz on Raw. MJF teased joining WWE in the interview, and has said frequently that he is hoping to start a bidding war for his services.
transcription via Wrestling Inc
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed