AEW President Tony Khan has commented on Jim Ross re-signing with AEW, believing that keeping Ross under contract was hugely important to him.
The veteran announcer recently confirmed that he will be with AEW for at least another year and a half.
Speaking on In The Kliq, Khan noted that he believes Ross’ name still holds a lot of value in the business.
When asked how important it was to re-sign Jim Ross, Khan said:
“It was hugely important. I think it’s drastically important. I would really like JR to continue his announcing career for a long time. When we launched, he was one of the most recognizable people. He continues to be known as probably the greatest wrestling announcer of all time.
“He’s a household name. Any household that has ever followed pro wrestling in the last several decades across a number of companies and a number of regions, I think JR transcends the sport of pro wrestling. Having his voice in AEW, on AEW Dynamite every week, and on our PPV, Double or Nothing, is really a big deal and he adds so much to the show.”
Ross will call this Sunday’s Double or Nothing pay-per-view set to air from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Check out the updated card for the event right here.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.co.
- Fans Think They Spotted A CM Punk Tease During WWE Raw
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Comment After DIY Reunion On WWE Raw
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Update On Another Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match