Tony Khan and Jim Cornette don’t always see eye-to-eye, but Khan has made it clear that he does have a level of respect for Cornette.
As we’ve covered already, Tony Khan spoke about AEW being about “pro-wrestling”, and in contrast with WWE, saying the phrase “pro-wrestling” is not banned, and is actually the furthest thing from banned.
Expanding on his point, Khan did not say Cornette’s name, but this is definitely a quote from Cornette that Khan is reciting, and the description of not always making him happy certainly adds up.
Speaking at the post-All Out media scrum, Khan said:
“As somebody I look up to said, wrestling fans watch the wrestling programme to see the wrestlers wrestle. And even if I don’t always follow everything he says, or haven’t always made him happy, that is probably the person I’ve learned the most about the wrestling business from. I don’t think he would probably take a lot of credit for me as his protege, but the fact is he’s right about that.”
If you use this quote or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
That is something Cornette has said in the past in bafflement upon learning WWE banned the word “wrestling” or “pro-wrestling” in favor of “sports entertainment”.
This comes very recently after Jim Cornette thanked Khan for his tribute to Bobby Eaton after his passing.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Hilarious Moment From AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 You Probably Missed
- First Participants For 2023 WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match Revealed
- Two NXT Stars Reportedly Backstage At May 29 WWE Raw
- NXT Stars Debut On WWE Raw
- Spoiler For WWE Star Returning From Injury On Raw?