Kevin Owens will keep on fighting in WWE for a few more years, as it was announced last Wednesday (December 15) that he had re-signed with WWE.
Owens’ deal with WWE was reportedly set to expire at the end of January 2022, with many fans speculating that he could end up in All Elite Wrestling (AEW).
AEW President Tony Khan recently spoke to Shakiel Mahjouri of CBS Sports, where he spoke about Owens re-signing with WWE. Khan admitted that he was interested in bringing in Owens.
“I would have been interested in that. He’s a great wrestler. I think he ended up signing for what I believe is probably a lot of money. I think that’s great and good for him. We have a lot of people spotlighted here and he’s great. Any company he goes to he’ll be a great wrestler for them.”
Owens spoke about his decision to re-sign with WWE, saying it was an ‘easy decision’ for him and his family.
Owens is set to face Bobby Lashley, Seth Rollins and WWE Champion Big E in a WWE Championship Fatal Four-Way at the WWE Day 1 pay-per-view on New Year’s Day.
transcription via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Alexa Bliss Undergoes Skin Cancer Treatment
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- News On Which Night Some WrestleMania Matches Are Set For
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39