During the AEW Full Gear post-event media scrum, Tony Khan addressed the absences of both Andrade el Idolo and Miro.
When asked about their absences and whether or not we would expect to see them return to AEW, Khan mentioned a previous statement about his plans for booking.
Nothing that when he launched AEW, one thing that he did say was that they would build a big roster and that talent weren’t necessarily going to be appearing on television week after week.
Going on to add, he said:
“There’s people who aren’t on every event but I would still like to get involved and you’ve seen some people take breaks, sabbaticals for various reasons…”
However going on to clarify, Khan elaborated that the situations were very different however they share the same primary characteristic:
“They’re apples and oranges in some ways but I think both of them are great and would like to get both of them involved again in the future.”
Andrade el Idolo has been absent from AEW television since a reported backstage altercation with Sammy Guevara.
Although never formally announced by AEW, there has been reports that he was suspended from the company.
You can keep up with all the breaking news from tonight’s pay-per-view, AEW Full Gear by clicking here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Breaks 23-Year Award Losing Streak
- WWE Star Arrives In Wrong Country For Major Show
- Roman Reigns Bloodline Member Trying To Join WWE
- WWE Star Set For First Match In Nine Months
- AEW Star Announces Real-Life Brother Joining The Company
- Former WWE Champion Still Hasn’t Re-Signed Despite Major Creative Plans
- CM Punk Sends Emotional Message To WWE Fans Ahead Of Elimination Chamber 2024
- WWE Star Retires Move After Recent Terrifying Botch
- The Rock’s Next WWE Appearance Revealed
- AEW Creative Team Update Following Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone Signing