AEW star Sammy Guevara recently aligned with real life girlfriend Tay Conti on AEW television following the seperation of the Inner Circle.
Guevara and Conti were both popular singles babyface stars prior to being aligned on TV. However, as the duo brought their love and personal life to AEW television, the reactions to the pair began to sour rather quickly.
AEW president Tony Khan recently spoke to AEW star Swerve Strickland and Monteasy on the Swerve City Podcast, Khan spoke about the pairing, admitting that he ‘misread’ the fan reaction to the duo.
“Since she’s come into AEW, she’s had great matches. Obviously, her presentation has changed and changed and now it’s continued to evolve with Sammy and they’ve found something really special on and off-screen. It’s great and I’m really happy for them. I was really happy for them, so maybe I misread how happy the fans would be for them. I think I’ve course-corrected that. Course correcting, you don’t try to fit a square peg in a round hole. I like Sammy, I like Tay. The fans like Sammy, the fans like Tay. I like Sammy and Tay together. The fans do not. That’s where we differentiate. That is what I’ve come to accept.”
Guevara recently lost the TNT Championship back to Scorpio Sky in a ladder match on AEW Dynamite. For a list of all title changes in AEW in 2022 so far, click here.
transcription via Fightful
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Professional Wrestling Term Added To Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- Update On Top AEW Name’s Contract Talks With Tony Khan
- AEW’s Bryan Danielson Unsure If He’ll Complete Big Career Goal
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname