In an appearance on Busted Open Radio, AEW President Tony Khan said he feels the growing women’s division is now a strength of the promotion, discussing Britt Baker’s title run, the debut of Ruby Soho, and teasing major matches in the future for the division.
“Britt has been a great champion. But I have to say, in the time she’s been champion, we’ve had the hottest run we’ve ever had for ratings, live attendance, pay per view, it’s been really special and in that time, we’ve also had our biggest free agent coming in Ruby Soho, she’s got a great connection with the crowd and I’m really excited for tonight on Rampage, they’re gonna go face-to-face in the ring and it will be the last time we’ll see them in the ring, you know, in there with each other before the title match.
Khan said of the approaching Grand Slam show:
“The title match is going to be just a huge part of the AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam next week, Britt Baker versus Ruby Soho, one-on-one for the World Title and they both also are very charismatic and I and the crowd is really into both of them in very different ways. I think Ruby Soho is, right now, one of our hottest babyfaces and Britt Baker is incredibly polarizing, but she gets incredible reactions either way, no matter what people think of her. I think it’ll be really cool segment tonight on TNT, getting to see the World Champion Britt Baker, and the number one contender, Ruby Soho, face off ahead of the match on Wednesday.”
Baker is set to defend her championship against Ruby Soho on next week’s (September 22) episode of AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam.
transcription via Fightful
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw