The joker entrant in the men’s Owen Hart Foundation tournament was revealed on this week’s AEW Dynamite as none other than Johnny Elite, the former John Morrison.
Johnny Elite took on Samoa Joe in the opening match of the show, and came up short in his AEW debut, but made a great impression on Tony Khan in the progress.
The AEW president spoke about this week’s show on Busted Open Radio, where he reacted to Johnny Elite’s debut, saying:
“Oh man, it was great to have Johnny Elite here. What a great match-up he had with Samoa Joe. It was a great way to make his debut in the Owen [Hart Foundation Tournament]. That was tremendous, and really, I am very glad he was here. He’s a great mentor to some of the young wrestlers in the locker room, and somebody I think fans have looked up to for a long time, and he went toe-to-toe with one of the toughest wrestlers in AEW. One of our great stars, and one of the greatest stars in the history of Ring of Honor – Samoa Joe.”
Johnny Elite is not officially signed to the company, but the door is reportedly open for him to work more shows in the future.
For a list of all win/loss records for the men’s AEW roster in 2022, click here.
transcription via Wrestling Inc.
- Fans Think They Spotted A CM Punk Tease During WWE Raw
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Comment After DIY Reunion On WWE Raw
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Update On Another Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match