All Elite Wrestling (AEW) simply rolls off the tongue these days as we’re all used to it, but per the promotion’s President and CEO Tony Khan, that wasn’t his original idea for its name.
Speaking on the AEW Unrestricted podcast, Khan revealed that the initial idea he had was for it to be called “World’s Best Wrestling”.
“It wasn’t AEW to begin with. Actually, my first idea was something called ‘World’s Best Wrestling’ which, at the end of the day, similar meaning to All Elite Wrestling trying to say we’re doing great wrestling.”
He also spoke about the future of the promotion, and how it plans to expand in the next couple of years, saying:
“There’s gonna be more from AEW. We’re gonna develop another show with our partners at WarnerMedia, and I’m excited for Dynamite on TV for a long time to come at least through 2023. Hopefully a long time after that.”
Thanks to Wrestling Inc for the transcription
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss