In its nearly three years of existence, AEW has generally managed to steer clear of any major controversies, but that’s not to say there haven’t been a few sticky moments.
One of the more infamous of these moments was the rap Max Caster cut on the August 3 episode of AEW Dark, during which he made a number of ill-advised comments.
At the time there were rumours Caster may be released by the company, but appearing after last night’s AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam show went off the air, AEW President Tony Khan cleared up any confusion.
Khan took on Caster in a rap battle (Khan was aided by actual rapper Lil Uzi Vert) and during his rap said he would suspend Caster for another 30 days. Perhaps realising what he’d said, Khan then added Caster was never actually suspended by the company.
At the time, Fightful Select reported Caster being taken off TV was likely done to avoid negative backlash from fans and the press.
Check out Lil Uzi Vert being introduced to the crowd last night.
Tony Khan brought out Lil Uzi Vert to help him in a rap battle, AEW is crazy. pic.twitter.com/xbU9z9dYav
— Fiending For Followers ‼️ (@Fiend4FolIows) September 23, 2021
- First Ever NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Participants Revealed
- New WWE Star Debuts At Taping
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Star Ruled Out Of Big Match Due To Recent Injury
- AEW Star ‘Didn’t Even Bother’ Wearing Ring Gear For Recent Match
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return On NXT
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase