AEW president and CEO Tony Khan has revealed in an interview that TNT “loves” a particular star in the promotion who has garnered popularity.
On Cassidy, Khan said:
“He clearly had a following, but he wasn’t somebody, when we started, that I was really particularly aware of or had real big plans for. [After Double or Nothing,] I spent a lot of time with Orange Cassidy and got to know him a lot better, and also talked to him about ideas, and that opened a lot of doors for both of us. … I had no idea what an intelligent person Orange Cassidy is, and he is very, very smart. And really, I had no idea how well-thought-out this all was.
“He’s multitalented, he’s a team player, he’s tried to make other people look good as much as possible, and the most important thing above all else is his work is phenomenal. He’s a great wrestler.
“He’s become, organically, a big merchandise mover, and he’s been in some very high-rated television segments. It’s not inaccurate at all to say that TNT loves him.”
The likes of Chris Jericho and Jim Ross have publicly spoken about how they originally didn’t like the idea of Cassidy but over time he’s won them over.
Tonight on AEW Dynamite, he teams with Best Friends and the Jurassic Express against the Jericho-led Inner Circle in a five-on-five tag match.
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Happy Corbin Welcomes Tyler Breeze Back At SmackDown Taping (Video)
- Tony Khan Addresses MJF Mentioning AEW Contract Issues On TV
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- Several Huge Stars Removed From WWE Money In The Bank Advertising?
- Former AEW Champion Tells Fans To ‘Get A Life’
- Former WWE Agents Claim Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Were Hard To Work With