All Elite Wrestling’s head honcho Tony Khan has reportedly taken more control of the promotion’s creative following the poor end to 2019. The booking of AEW had been run by Khan with Cody, The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega.
The change happened due to the negative reaction to the final episode of Dynamite in 2019. That episode was where the infamous Dark Order segment occured. The angle saw the Dark Order beat down all of the top babyfaces in AEW and leave them laying. The response to it was overwhelmingly negative, with Jim Ross comparing it to fecal matter.
Dave Meltzer reported the following in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
“Regarding the booking which has come together better over the last three weeks, Tony Khan took more control after the negativity from the Corpus Christi show and you can see more seeds of long-term planning and layers in storylines, like in the four team tag match and other angles. But that’s also related to all involved.”
AEW is still a very new company and they must be afforded the opportunity to learn from their mistakes. Dynamite has been a strong show so far in 2020. Though it is not without its blunders, Khan’s impact has so far been noticeable and positive.
What have you thought of AEW Dynamite so far in 2020? Let us know on Twitter or on Discord!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan