AEW President Tony Khan has reportedly had talks with WWE Head of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis about upcoming projects.
In December, Khan revealed that WWE reached out to him about potential interviews with names currently in AEW. It was indicated that these interviews would be used for upcoming biographical projects.
Ringside News – which has had several backstage reports confirmed by the likes of Fightful and Dave Meltzer in recent times – notes that a tenured member of the WWE creative team revealed to them that Khan has specifically been speaking with John Laurinaitis, with the source stating:
“AEW is in discussions about projects with (John) Laurinaitis.
“Laurinaitis has spoken with Tony Khan about biographies on certain talent that is now in AEW.”
Per the report, Khan and Laurinaitis have seemingly been able to get along so far.
It wasn’t revealed who WWE want to produce biography content on. A number of former WWE names are currently signed to AEW, including Chris Jericho, Jon Moxley, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk, Sting and Jim Ross.
In April 2021, Jericho appeared on an edition of WWE Broken Skull Sessions, while with AEW.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Killer Kross Scrapped AEW Plans Revealed
- Corey Graves ‘Toned Down’ What WWE Wanted Him To Say About Sasha Banks & Naomi
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- AEW Star Britt Baker Would ‘Love’ To Wrestle Sasha Banks