An AEW referee has achieved a special milestone and a possible new role.
AEW referees have gotten a divisive reaction online coming off the heels of the Dynamite Grand Slam event where three consecutive matches had distracted officials involved in the finish.
There is good news for those donning the stripes in All Elite Wrestling though.
AEW President Tony Khan took to Twitter to congratulate Senior Referee Paul Turner on refereeing his 100th main event with the company.
Khan also noted that as Senior Official, Turner manages the referees and has been asked to tighten things up following the ending of a few bouts from AEW Dynamite Grand Slam.
Congrats @RefTurnerAEW on refereeing 100 AEW main events!
As Senior Official, Paul manages our refs, who do great work, but missed some illegalities in the first few bouts last night
I know we can count on Paul, I’m asking him to tighten it up, starting tomorrow on #AEWRampage!
This teases a new authority role for Paul Turner outside of just having the title of “Senior Official”. It remains to be seen what this results for the long-time referee.
To find out the spoilers from AEW Rampage Grand Slam, click here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE ‘Very Worried’ About Upcoming SmackDown
- Triple H Makes Change To Gunther’s Ring Name?
- Changes To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian Revealed
- AEW Dark: Elevation Spoilers For October 3 Revealed
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For September 30, 2022
- ‘National Scissoring Day’ Celebration Set For October 5 AEW Dynamite
- Huge Stipulation Match Added To WWE Extreme Rules
- Here’s What Saraya Had To Say During First AEW Promo
- Malakai Black Shows Off Incredible New Head Tattoo (PHOTO)
- MJF Match Announced For October 5 AEW Dynamite