Tony Khan has announced his plan to retire a championship belt design. Find out which design is set to be retired!
Speaking to the Battleground Podcast, Tony Khan revealed a heartwarming plan to not only pay tribute to the late ‘Jay Briscoe’ (real name Jamin Pugh) but also to give a refreshed look to one of ROH’s most coveted titles.
Tony Khan said:
“We were talking about ideas to pay tribute to the late, great Jamin Pugh, Jay Briscoe. So many of us loved Jay Briscoe, he’s beloved in the locker room and there are wrestling fans all over the world that loved him.
“We wanted to pay tribute to him in Ring of Honor with something special and of all the ideas I heard, this was by far the best idea. It came from somebody who liked him a lot and wanted to contribute a good idea.
“It’s really something that, Mark Briscoe thought it was a great idea, and that was important to me too. Having his opinion and having his buy in to this made all the difference in the world. It’ll be new belts, we retired the old design.”
The previously announced ‘Reach for the Sky’ Ladder Match for the new ROH Tag Team Championships will be held at the upcoming pay-per-view, Supercard of Honor.
In that match will be the Lucha Bros, the Kingdom, Top Flight, Rush & Dralistico, and Aussie Open.
Mark Briscoe will challenge Samoa Joe for the ROH World Television Championship.
Ring of Honor Supercard of Honor is set for Friday, March 31, 2023.
Transcription via Fightful
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups