Tony Khan has heaped praise on an AEW star, declaring that he could be the “future of pro-wrestling” in a recent podcast interview.
Speaking on AEW Unrestricted on November 17, Khan named Wardlow, saying:
“I believe Wardlow probably, in many ways, has a good a chance to be the future of pro wrestling as anybody.
“He’s someone we really see as a star for the future here, and is a homegrown star.”
Wardlow joined AEW in 2019, attacking Cody Rhodes.
He would then become MJF’s bodyguard, eventually joining The Inner Circle.
This alliance would last until March 2021 when both MJF would form The Pinnacle with Wardlow, Shawn Spears and FTR (Cash Wheeler and Dax Harwood).
The Pinnacle and The Inner Circle would continue to feud with Wardlow playing a prominent role until Wardlow left the group.
Having broken away from MJF in May 2022 at AEW Double or Nothing, Wardlow went on to secure the TNT Championship but would lose it to Samoa Joe.
Since then, both men have teamed as WarJoe, only for Samoa Joe to betray his teammate on the November 9 episode of AEW Dynamite, and then win the TNT Championship himself against Wardlow and Powerhouse Hobbs at Full Gear.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Replacement Named For WWE Championship Match Changed Due To Medical Issue
- NXT Star Praised For Making ‘Unprecedented’ Progress
- Triple H’s Next WWE Signing Revealed?
- More Main Roster Debuts At WWE Taping
- The Bloodline Pay Tribute To Umaga On WWE Raw
- Top AEW Star Announced For December 7 Dynamite
- Championship Match Cancelled Due To Top WWE Star Medical Issue
- Find Out When Tony Khan Will Publicly Address William Regal Status
- WWE Teases Two Epic Future Feuds On Raw
- WWE Star Returns To Raw For Vengeance