AEW President Tony Khan says that he is “wishing the best” for CM Punk.
Former two-time AEW World Champion CM Punk hasn’t been absent from All Elite Wrestling following the conclusion of All Out 2022, where he defeated Jon Moxley to win the title for the second time.
After the show, Punk reportedly was involved in a backstage fight with Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks with everyone involved being suspended in the aftermath.
Speaking with Alex McCarthy of Inside The Ropes, AEW CEO Tony Khan was asked whether he hopes he can mend the fence with CM Punk.
“The whole thing, I was mostly trying not to comment on that whole situation. But I’m wishing everybody the best and hoping for the best for everyone and hoping for the best for AEW and the fans.”
As previously reported, Tony Khan was also asked about the CM Punk situation during Thursday’s Full Gear media call.
AEW Full Gear 2022 will take place this Saturday, November 19 from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. For the full lineup for the event, click here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future