AEW commentator Tony Schiavone has described what it is like to work with “Mad King” Eddie Kingston as a colleague.
Schiavone was an on-screen personality in WCW from 1990 until WWE purchased the company’s assets in 2001, and chose not to retain his services.
He joined AEW in 2019 as a commentator and backstage interviewer.
On the latest edition of the What Happened When podcast, Schiavone reflected on working with one of AEW’s more volatile personalities, Eddie Kingston:
“Eddie Kingston is the best, the absolute best. I’ve told him this before. I just absolutely love Eddie Kingston. I tell him that we are a better company with you in it. He’ll say, ‘Schiavone, stop saying that’, and I’ll say ‘It’s true because you always give us your very best performance.’”
“He’s another one who loves to do his promos live too instead of pre-tape. Man, I’m so glad I got to know Eddie Kingston. I really am. He is truly, of all the years I’ve done wrestling, one of my favorite guys.”
Kingston defeated Jun Akiyama in a match at AEW Full Gear: Zero Hour this past Saturday.
Transcription courtesy of WrestlingNews.co.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Needs Career-Threatening Surgery
- Uncle Howdy Gets New Female Companion On SmackDown?
- Major Update On Randy Orton WWE Return
- Big Return On WWE SmackDown You Might Have Missed!
- WWE Star Competes Injured & Sustains Another Injury
- Potential Spoilers On Bray Wyatt Plans For SmackDown November 25
- What Happens When You Call Uncle Howdy
- Another WWE Name Change On SmackDown
- Current WWE Name Apologises To AEW Star For Taking His Job
- Current Champion Wants Triple H To Bring Back Another Released WWE Name