AEW commentator Tony Schiavone has put his support behind the number of titles in the company.
The debate on the number of AEW titles has heated up since the introduction of the new All-Atlantic Championship. With the titles from Ring of Honor, the company now hosts 13 different championships.
On the latest AEW Unrestricted Podcast, Schiavone and AEW referee Aubrey Edwards discussed the number of titles in the promotion.
The former WCW commentator said:
“We’ve got some pretty solid champions in place. I shouldn’t even address this, every fan has their opinion.”
Schiavone went on to ask Edwards if she believed they had too many titles before answering himself, saying:
“I don’t. I like title matches.”
After talking about how all the titles have history tied to them and compliment the inaugural All-Atlantic Champion PAC, Aubrey then replied in regards to title matches:
“We get to see cool stuff happen. We get to rotate things in and out. We have amazing roster depth, and that has proven very helpful when you have a ton of injuries.”
AEW has experienced a litany of injuries over the past month, including AEW World Champion CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly.
Keep track of all the current injured stars in All Elite Wrestling at this link.
Quotes via Wrestling Inc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence
- Top WWE Star ‘Demanded’ Current Run
- WWE Star Teases ‘Big News’ For Next Week
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another New Theme For WWE Tag Team
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- WWE Star Gets Married (Photo)
- Seth Rollins Schedule Update After WWE World Heavyweight Title Win