A top AEW star has addressed his future working on the indies following his contract extension.
On October 7, All Elite Wrestling announced that current AEW World Champion Jon Moxley had signed a five-year contract extension that kept him in the company until 2027.
As part of the press release for the deal, the promotion indicated that Moxley would compete exclusively for AEW and their international partners such as NJPW.
This news led to many wondering what this meant for Moxley’s independent bookings. The AEW star has competed regularly at GCW, Wrestling Revolver, among others.
Speaking to Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated, the three-time AEW World Champion clarified his status on the independent wrestling scene.
“If there’s something I want to be part of, I’ll find a way to make it happen. That’s tougher now—I have my family, AEW and New Japan. But I love supporting independent wrestling. So you never know when or where I might show up.”
Jon Moxley lost the GCW World Title to Nick Gage in a Title vs. Career Match at the Fight Club event on October 8.
Moxley will defend the AEW World Championship against Hangman Page on the October 18 edition of AEW Dynamite from his hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio.
Stay up to date with Jon Moxley’s win-loss record (for televised matches) at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Sami Zayn Makes Bold Statement On Twitter After Bloodline Betrayal At Royal Rumble
- Big News On John Cena WrestleMania 39 Schedule
- ‘Major Interest’ In Popular Free Agent, Fans Suspect AEW Or WWE
- New Sami Zayn Shirt Revealed Following WWE Royal Rumble
- Top AEW Star Cleared To Return On February 1 Dynamite
- Brandi Rhodes Comments On Departure From AEW
- NXT Star Teases WWE Main Roster Call-Up?
- Roman Reigns Reaction To Logan Paul Royal Rumble Performance
- WWE Match Mysteriously Pulled From Show With No Explanation
- Hilarious Cody Rhodes Pornstar Moment Has Fans’ Eyebrows Raising