A top All Elite Wrestling (AEW) star has admitted he used to wrestle while intoxicated back in the earlier days of his career.
We all know Jon Moxley is, you know, a little bit hardcore, so this admission from him probably isn’t actually all that surprising.
Speaking with Bleacher Report about whether he’s ever wrestled “buzzed or drunk”, Moxley replied:
“Oh 100%. I wouldn’t do it now, but back in the younger days, especially in CCW, it was as much a monthly party as it was a show. Especially when you’re doing death matches and crazy stuff…certain things you put in your body can put you in the right mindset. I wouldn’t recommend it, but it’s a good combination sometimes. Sometimes you just need a shot of whiskey to calm your nerves.”
Moxley won his first match of 2021 on this past Wednesday’s AEW Dynamite against Nick Comoroto.
The former World Champion in scheduled for this coming Wednesday’s episode to discuss the big six-man tag at Beach Break on February 3 which will see him team with PAC and Rey Fenix against Kenny Omega and the Good Brothers.
- Another Big Sign Released Star Returning To WWE
- Several WWE Stars Pulled From Indie Event
- Kazuchika Okada & Jay White Announced For Trios Bout Ahead Of NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- AEW Star Wishes CM Punk & The Elite Situation ‘Didn’t Happen’
- Top NJPW Star Explains Why Co-Promotional Event With STARDOM Should Happen ‘Every Once In A While’
- WWE Stars Honor Late TV Star Jason David Frank
- AEW Star Praises Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat After Return Match
- Bayley Recruits Recent Celebrity WWE Signee to Damage CTRL?
- Correction On William Regal AEW Contract Status
- Sami Zayn/Roman Reigns Plans Revealed, William Regal WWE Return Update, Major WWE India Show – News Bulletin – November 28, 2022