A top AEW star has detailed the serial killer influence behind their persona.
Since the inception of All Elite Wrestling, Chris Jericho has been one of the company’s top stars.
Never one to rest on his laurels, Jericho has introduced a variety of past and new gimmicks from the Lionheart to Le Champion. The constant evolution of his character has been one of the most fascinating things about the performer.
In an interview with MovieWeb, the first AEW World Champion discussed his upcoming role in the slasher film, The Terrifier 2 and was asked if he could hold his own against the film’s killer clown, Art The Clown.
Jericho responded by bringing up the origins of his Painmaker gimmick that he introduced in New Japan Pro Wrestling.
“I don’t know if Jericho could but The Painmaker might be able to. The Painmaker was conceived as what a serial killer would look like if he was a pro wrestler… There’s your crossover, The Painmaker versus Art the Clown, a graphic novel waiting to happen.”
Chris Jericho is scheduled to defend the Ring of Honor World Championship against Bryan Danielson on the October 12 edition of AEW Dynamite from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Stay up to date with Chris Jericho’s win-loss record in 2022 (for televised matches) at this link.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Name Asks Liv Morgan Out On A Date
- Big Update On FTR Future
- Charlotte Flair Reveals Biggest Change Following Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative
- AEW Star Hints At In-Ring Retirement
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Mercedes Mone On WWE Exit: ‘Nobody Knows The Story’
- AEW Star Teases WWE Return?
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- Mercedes Mone Addresses Potential AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door II Appearance
- What Happened At AEW House Rules March 18