In a shocking turn of events, a top AEW competitor suffered a major loss during the most recent Bloodsport event.
This week hasn’t been the best for former AEW champion Jon Moxley. After losing to Kenny Omega, Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson on Dynamite, Moxley was defeated in the main event of Bloodsport 6.
Last night, Moxley and Josh Barnett finally had their long-awaited Bloodsport clash. The very bloody match was stopped when Moxley couldn’t defend himself or answer the ref, while Josh Barnett stomped him repeatedly.
While Moxley did pop up to his feet immediately after the decision, it was decided that he could not continue, and the match wasn’t restarted.
This was Moxley’s first Bloodsport loss. Previously undefeated in the MMA style stipulation, Moxley defeated Chris Dickinson and Davey Boy Smith Jr at previous events.
A fan took to Twitter to post this video of Jon Moxley thanking the crowd after the match, still bloody-faced:
— Hank Veasey (@hank_veasey) April 9, 2021
- Former WWE Star Virgil Passes Away
- AEW Revolution Match Cancelled
- Drew McIntyre Legitimate WWE Injury Update
- AEW’s Young Bucks Address Current Relationship With WWE Star Cody Rhodes
- Becky Lynch & Jade Cargill Show Support For Maxxine Dupri After Upsetting Viral Video
- Major Change To AEW Revolution Match Update
- Visa Issues Set To Cause Huge Changes To AEW Programming?
- Rhea Ripley Breaks Character To Scold Fans For Harsh Treatment Of Fellow Star
- Legendary Name Spotted Backstage At AEW Dynamite
- Released WWE Star Says Cocaine Was Reason For Failed Drug Tests