Top Dolla has revealed that he’s still recovering after botching his dive on the December 16 edition of SmackDown.
On this episode, Dolla and Ashante ‘Thee’ Adonis defeated the Viking Raiders and Legado Del Fantasma in three-way tag action.
During the bout, Top Dolla attempted a suicide dive, but came up short, getting caught in the ropes and falling, in a moment that was initially scary, but one which Michael Cole now won’t let the Hit Row member forget.
Speaking on Kay Adams on Up & Adams, Top Dolla stated that his leg is still recovering from the fall, noting:
“I went to do a dive one time and my leg was like, ‘You ain’t got that big fella.’ I got caught on the top rope.
“It happens, it’s live TV, but you have to keep going with it. I’m still recovering, my leg is still recovering from that, and that was months ago. You still have to push through.”
Dolla last wrestled in a dark match during the March 17 SmackDown taping, teaming with Adonis to face off against Braun Strowman & Ricochet.
The latter team is set to compete in the WrestleMania Showcase match set for Saturday’s (April 1) show.
Check out the announced cards for both nights of WrestleMania 39 right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups