SmackDown star Top Dolla has hilariously reacted to CM Punk’s entrance theme ‘Cult of Personality’ playing during the WWE Raw broadcast.
CM Punk to WWE confirmed? Not exactly.
The song that wrestling fans associate with Punk’s WWE and AEW entrances played during an NFL commercial that aired on the USA Network during Monday’s (September 12) broadcast of WWE Raw.
Top Dolla has revealed that even he was confused when he heard ‘Cult of Personality’ playing, taking to Twitter to note:
Bro I went to the kitchen right before the commercial break and heard “Cult of Personality” and almost dropped my damn food running back into the living room 😂 That commercial play too much #WWERAW
Punk notably left WWE in early 2014 and only returned to wrestling in August 2021, signing with AEW after a seven year hiatus.
Punk has reportedly been suspended following his verbal tirade during the All Out media scrum, and his alleged involvement in a backstage fight that took place after his scrum appearance.
The star was stripped of his AEW World Championship on the September 7 edition of Dynamite. He’s currently recovering from surgery following a tricep injury, so will be out of action for a number of months regardless.
You can view any further updates on the ongoing CM Punk drama right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Name Asks Liv Morgan Out On A Date
- Big Update On FTR Future
- Charlotte Flair Reveals Biggest Change Following Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative
- AEW Star Hints At In-Ring Retirement
- Mercedes Mone On WWE Exit: ‘Nobody Knows The Story’
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- AEW Star Teases WWE Return?
- Mercedes Mone Addresses Potential AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door II Appearance
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- What Happened At AEW House Rules March 18