A top NJPW star has been added to The Great Muta retirement tour.
2022 will mark the final full year in the professional wrestling career of Keiji Muto, also known as The Great Muta.
The legendary Japanese star is currently on his retirement tour with several big shows scheduled for the rest of the year into 2023 in Pro Wrestling NOAH.
On Monday morning, NOAH announced another major match for the tour that will feature some New Japan Pro Wrestling stalwarts.
On October 30, NJPW’s HIroshi Tanahashi will team with fellow New Japan stars Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma to face Keiji Muto, Yoshiki Inamura and Naomichi Marufuji.
Tanahashi made an appearance at Muto’s press conference over the weekend where the match was set up.
The two stars have feuded over the IWGP Heavyweight Championship previously in NJPW.
📢10/30 Ariake, Keiji Muto Retirement Road 3rd match card!
ABEMA presents Ariake Triumphant Return – THE RETURN
— Pro Wrestling NOAH Global (@noahglobal) September 26, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW
- WWE Hall Of Famer Clarifies Royal Rumble 2023 Tease