It seems as though Tommaso Ciampa and Pete Dunne aren’t the only NXT stars seemingly preparing for main roster life.
Per PWInsider, former NXT North American and Cruiserweight Champion Roderick Strong is backstage at tonight’s SmackDown taping.
Strong lost his Cruiserweight Championship in a match with Carmelo Hayes back at NXT New Year’s Evil, before the championship was retired.
He most recently lost in the main event of this week’s NXT show to WALTER… sorry, Gunther.
Fellow NXT stars Pete Dunne and Tommaso Ciampa have been appearing in dark matches prior to SmackDown and Raw in recent weeks, with Strong seemingly being the latest added to that list.
Strong will go down as the second-to-last ever Cruiserweight Champion. You can see the full lineage of the title here.
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 18, 2022
- Bryan Danielson AEW Rampage Injury A Work?
- Ember Moon Seemingly Ruled Out As AEW Joker
- Update On Sasha Banks WWE Backstage Heat
- Huge Announcement Regarding Roman Reigns WWE Future
- Johnny Elite Debuts On AEW Dynamite In Owen Cup
- Major Kenny Omega AEW Update
- Fans Excited As AJ Lee Potentially Teases In-Ring Return
- AEW Rampage Spoilers As Another Former WWE Star Debuts
- Chris Jericho & William Regal Set Up Huge Match For AEW Double Or Nothing