It seems as though Tommaso Ciampa and Pete Dunne aren’t the only NXT stars seemingly preparing for main roster life.
Per PWInsider, former NXT North American and Cruiserweight Champion Roderick Strong is backstage at tonight’s SmackDown taping.
Strong lost his Cruiserweight Championship in a match with Carmelo Hayes back at NXT New Year’s Evil, before the championship was retired.
He most recently lost in the main event of this week’s NXT show to WALTER… sorry, Gunther.
Fellow NXT stars Pete Dunne and Tommaso Ciampa have been appearing in dark matches prior to SmackDown and Raw in recent weeks, with Strong seemingly being the latest added to that list.
Strong will go down as the second-to-last ever Cruiserweight Champion. You can see the full lineage of the title here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite