Former IWGP World Champion Will Ospreay has been rather open about his current contract with New Japan Pro Wrestling expiring in early 2024.
Ospreay recently returned from injury, and posted a video of himself talking about his future, and having to change up his style as he gets older.
With Ospreay’s contract set to expire, he will likely receive many offers from various companies.
Speaking with Fightful, Ospreay noted that he is currently happy with what he is doing in NJPW, but that he ‘would be a fool’ to not hear out any other offers.
“A lot of it just comes with confidence, I think. I find myself in a really lovely position with New Japan where I’m very happy doing what I’m doing. Obviously I’m a fool not to hear people out. It does come with the fact I feel like I do get everyone’s best performance out of them. I’m very confident in my abilities.
“I do lack in certain things, like I’m not the biggest fan of my promos. I know I need to work on that. I can’t do a promo without swearing. So that’s gonna be a real hard thing with an American audience. But I’m always willing to challenge myself.
“I like putting it out there because I feel like it gets people on their feet and their toes getting ready. The same to my company as well. I want them to be ready for what might be my termination of my contract. Who knows? I love to imagine that we are going to work something out, but I’d be a fool not to hear everybody out.”
Ospreay spoke about his injury problems during the interview, saying that he may have to stop using his Stormbreaker finishing move due to it.
It was recently reported that Ospreay was ‘booked’ for AEW All In at Wembley Stadium in August, which Ospreay responded to, which you can read here.
transcription via Fightful
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss
- Hilarious Moment From AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 You Probably Missed
- First Participants For 2023 WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match Revealed