A top star has addressed the Nick Aldis and NWA controversy.
On November 7, the National Wrestling Alliance announced that former NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis had been suspended.
This followed a now-deleted Instagram video where Aldis made public that he was leaving the company when his NWA contract expires on January 1, 2023.
On the latest edition of This Is Pro Wrestling, Matt Cardona commented on Aldis leaving the promotion.
The former NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion was scheduled to face Nick Aldis at Alwayz Ready before he suffered a bicep injury.
“That’s unfortunate. Nick and I, we have some unfinished business, we were supposed to wrestle at Alwayz Ready, but obviously, I got injured.
“I feel he’s a great opponent of mine. I don’t think he liked when I came to NWA because it was his baby and he did such a great job representing the NWA, being the face of NWA, he’s got all the tools and I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.”
As previously reported, NWA President Billy Corgan claims that Nick Aldis is “working an angle” with his recent claims of leaving the promotion.
Matt Cardona is set to team with his Major Players partner Brian Myers to face Heath and Rhino for the IMPACT Tag Team Championships at Over Drive on November 18.
Transcription via Fightful
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- CM Punk Shares Follow Up Message After Now-Deleted Instagram Story
- El Hijo Del Vikingo Next Match Announced By Tony Khan
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- AEW Star Miro Announces New Role
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- Update On Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 39
- Major WWE Star’s Twitter Hacked
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- ROH Supercard Of Honor Adds ROH World Championship Match