WWE SmackDown is set to make it’s return to the world’s most famous arena, Madison Square Garden, on July 7.
WWE tends to stack big episodes of television in MSG, with many of the company’s top stars appearing on the shows.
Per PWInsider, the first names for WWE’s return to MSG have been advertised, with some notable omissions.
The first is current Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns, with the other being Drew McIntyre, who has yet to re-sign with the company with his contract set to expire later this year.
The names that are currently advertised for the show are:
WWE Smackdown Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley
WWE Tag Team Champions Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn
WWE Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER.
The New Day
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence