One day out from WWE’s quarterly earnings report (which is expected to contain several negative results around house show business, television ratings and Network numbers) it has been revealed via SEC filings that several top WWE executives sold off millions of dollars worth of stock on Monday.
Those who sold stock were:
- Vince McMahon sold 12,627 shares at $70.23 for a return of $886,794
- George Barrios sold 139,175 shares for an average of $70 per share for a return of approximately $9.742 million
- Kevin Dunn sold 68,628 shares at $70.23 for a return of $4.819 million
- Mark Kowal sold 3,845 shares at $70.23 for a return of $270,034
- Triple H sold 17,563 shares at $70.23 for a return of $1.233 million
- Stephanie McMahon sold 17,681 shares at $70.23 for a return of $1.241 million
- Michelle Wilson sold 65,318 shares at $70.23 for a return of $4.587 million
Although this is purely speculation, it would seem likely that stock has been sold because WWE is expecting the stock price to collapse tomorrow following the earnings report.
It is worth noting that the stock price has dropped almost $6 this month and is currently sitting at $69.24 for a market capitalisation of $5.41 billion.
We will have all of the details from WWE’s earnings report tomorrow.