Earlier today it was reported that Smackdown star Kevin Owens informed company officials of his unwillingness to work the WWE Super ShowDown event in Saudi Arabia. He followed in the footsteps of fellow former World Champions John Cena and Daniel Bryan, both of whom refused to appear at WWE’s last show in Saudi Arabia, Crown Jewel.
Now Dave Meltzer is reporting that Kevin Owens is not the only top Smackdown star who won’t be appearing on the June 7th show. Meltzer said on the Wrestling Observer Radio that Daniel Bryan has once again declined to work the event.
It was previously reported that Daniel Bryan refused to take part in the show after Sami Zayn was told he was not allowed to wrestle due to his Syrian heritage, something Bryan felt was racist. However, it later emerged that this was not the only reason, with Daniel taking serious umbrage with Saudi Arabia’s treatment of homosexuals.
The first Saudi Arabian show, Greatest Royal Rumble, was special in the sense that every main roster championship was defended. Unless Daniel Bryan and Rowan lose their Smackdown Tag Team Championships before the show, then they will not be defended at Super ShowDown.
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Charlotte Flair Mentions Bella Twins & Mercedes Moné On SmackDown
- Another IMPACT Championship To Be Vacated?
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence