A top WWE star has described the backstage environment in the company since Triple H took over creative.
On July 22, Vince McMahon announced his retirement from WWE as CEO and Chairman. The company later announced that Triple H was assuming all creative duties for the main roster.
At SummerSlam 2022, the wrestling world was excited to see the return of Bayley. Alongside Dakota Kai and IYO SKY, the longest reigning SmackDown Women’s Champion formed the Damage CTRL stable.
After being back for two full months, it still hasn’t quite sunk in that Vince is gone for Bayley.
Speaking with the Five Count podcast, the WWE star described the feeling backstage now.
“It’s still so weird to me. When the news broke that he was retiring, I was just kind of in shock, and it felt like we needed to — I’m like, ‘Do we party, or do we go sit around and sit in our feelings and feel weird?’ It was such a strange feeling. It still is talked about backstage how different things are and not worse or better, it’s just super different.”
Bayley continued on to discuss how it is with Triple H in charge and talking to Finn Balor about it feeling like 2015 all over again.
“I was talking to Finn Balor backstage the other day. Triple H just walked by and he’s like, ‘Hey guys, what’s up?’ We were just like, ‘Man, isn’t this so weird? It just feels like seven years ago again,’ especially with Finn because him and I were champions at the same time in “NXT” and Hunter was very hands-on and having him there again, it just feels like “Twilight Zone.”
Bayley will face Bianca Belair for the Raw Women’s Championship in a ladder match at Extreme Rules on October 8.
Stay up to date with Bayley’s win-loss record in 2022 (for televised matches) at this link.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- WWE Hall Of Famer Clarifies Royal Rumble 2023 Tease
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW